Saturday, June 5, 2010

Post 8: We Are Their Voice

Hi all. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. EOG's have thrown me off majorly.

I volunteered last Monday at Brother Wolf. I mostly played with the puppies, keeping them apart while they ate so they didn't get into one another's food and start fighting. That kind of stuff. It was fun.

The day before, though, I went over to a friends house with my family. My friend and I were on YouTube, and he showed me a video of a man yelling at his cats. He was cursing them and they were running in terror. THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED ANIMAL ABUSE.

My blog is all about caring for your pets well and stopping animal abuse. The man yelling at his cats was scaring them beyond belief. THAT WAS NOT PROPER PET/OWNER RELATIONSHIP. He may have only done it for the video, but it was still WRONG.

I have decided to shift my focus to stopping animal abuse to proper pet guardianship. The idea is more positive and it is more likely to educate people. The goal is also more realistic. I may never really stop animal abuse, but I can help understand how to properly care for a pet.

That's all for now.

Madi

1 comment: