Thursday, December 2, 2010

Brother Wolf Blog: We Are Their Voice Post 15

Hi all. Sorry I took so long to post.

Yesterday I visited Brother Wolf and helped load dogs that are being moved up to a shelter in New Hampshire because there are not as many dogs up there. It was roughly 35 degrees out with a 100% chance of freezing. There were employees out that had no jackets are were holding shivering dogs to keep their body temperatures up and there were people coming in and out of the building hauling crates and excited puppies.

I was there mostly to fill water dishes, get band aids (one guy needed one, I don't know what happened) and do what they needed, such as grabbing extra blankets. Once I held a puppy until it needed to go into the cage. He was squirmy and kinda hard to hold, but he was cute. His name was Freeway and he was adorable! His cage was on the bottom and it was hard to get him in. I had to give Freeway to another person so they could get him in. They used a big van and they packed the crates to the roof of the car. It was packed, there was even one on the front seat. I tried to stick my finger through the cage because it was shaking and I wanted to comfort it, but it sniffed my finger and turned away. So much for that.

I will write more another time when I don't have so much homework, but I will get to what is important! Promise!

Madi

No comments:

Post a Comment