Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Post 2: We Are Their Voice

I volunteered for the first time this past Monday at Brother Wolf! I cannot believe the number of animals that were at the shelter! I'm only working with dogs, but I saw a lot of cats, too. All of the dogs had different stories, and a lot of them were really sad.

Ozzie: Ozzy is a 3 years old lab mix. After being adopted by a nice family, the owners then decided that they weren't ready to care for a dog. The owners then dumped poor Ozzy at a shelter in Charlotte, NC. Because Brother Wolf microchips all of their animals, the shelter traced Ozzy back to them. Ozzy is very "depressed" and spends most of his time lying on his bed.

Of all the dogs, Ozzy broke mine and my mothers' hearts. He looked up at us with his round and pleading eyes that make you want to cry. The way he looked, he could be thinking that no one would ever want him. Thinking that he had found his "forever-home", only to be dumped at a shelter. I looked at him and said, "If I could, I would take you home in a heartbeat." Of course, I want to take all of the animals home, but I wouldn't be able to do that. I already have 2 elderly dogs, and my father says "NO more!". Denise, the founder of Brother Wolf, said that there would be different dogs at the shelter every week. I don't know how long he's been there, but I personally don't think Ozzy will be leaving any time soon because he just looked so depressed that he didn't come across as a fun and loving dog. He just needs someone to care for him.

For more information about Ozzy: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/15573612?rvp=1%3f

Madi Moser

No comments:

Post a Comment