Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Post 4: We Are Their Voice

I volunteered yesterday and I met Denise, my mentor for the first time. I mostly helped socialize the puppies. Basically, I just went around into the puppies cages and played with them. Only after it was too late did I realize that I would need to wear jeans and a heavy long-sleeve shirt; I got a jagged scrape that just barely broke the skin, scratches all up and down both my arms and legs AND back. Puppies have really sharp claws!

One thing that really pleased me was that as I was walking around filling water bowls, I heard Denise say to one of her employees that one of the dogs had been adopted. Also, there was a sign on a puppies door that one had been adopted on the 15th. The dogs were adorable, so it wouldn't be hard to say no.

Madi Moser

1 comment: